Friday, February 11, 2011

Just another whisper on the wind.....

My daughter awoke early this morning and crept into bed with me, before you knew it she was chattering away as only 7 year olds can.
She was very excited about her dancing classes the night before and was desperately asking my for pointe ballet shoes (even though she's no where near ready for them - I'm thinking they will just be wall decorations for a while).
Politely declining her requests, we set about for the day.
As we raced out to the car, I looked at a lovely patch of grass in the garden (lovely from all the rain we have FINALLY had here) and mentioned to Gabe - "that area needs a glass table and some chairs".
Off we went for for day.

Later in the afternoon we were heading off for a swim meet with friends, driving up the road to the swimming pool, we realised 'hard garbage' was happening, we crept past all the piles in the car, keeping an eye out for 'treasures' (I just cannot stand the thought of more landfill when people may use these things somewhere)

Driving past the last house there is a set of 4 metal outdoor chairs out, we pullover and hop out to take a look, whilst we are looking a couple arrive back, I ask if this is theirs and if we may have them, they reply "Oh, sure, they're in great nick, we'd be really happy for someone to use them, you don't want the matching glass table by any chance do you?"

It turns out the table is still in their back yard as they didn't want to pop it out in case of breakages, we exchange names and numbers (turns out they are interested in gems and natural therapies so we organise for a cup of tea and a get together later in the week).
As I am leaving I knock a box over and out tumbles a pair of shiny pink leather ballet shoes and a pair of satin pointe shoes in pretty near perfect condition.

"sure, take those too" they wave.

Wow - barely even a whisper of what we wanted and 4 hours later my back yard looks lovely and I have one very happy little girl with newly acquired decorations in her room.

Happy manifesting...........

No comments:

Post a Comment