Tuesday, February 15, 2011

MAKING MAGIC IN YOUR LIFE COME TRUE

“What you say or ask for is what you get”. This simple statement shows us one of the most important tools of spiritualism. Yet so many people underestimate, or are unable to use, their powers of manifestation  -   through affirmations.
Lets look at how you can use your own affirmations to shape your own inner and outer reality. An affirmation is a positive thought or idea that you consciously focus on, in order to produce that which you desire. An affirmation is such a simple, yet powerful technique that can heal and transform your most deeply held beliefs.

HOW AFFIRMATIONS WORK
We need firstly to look at the principles on which affirmations are based.
1. What occurs in your outer world is a direct reflection of your prominent thoughts and beliefs. 2. If you wish to change your reality, change your thoughts.
3. Your thoughts become manifest through the written and spoken word.

A few years ago I decided to start talking about my own experiences and teaching. I felt extremely nervous at the idea and constantly berated myself afterwards saying to myself “I should have done this or that”, or, “I could have done that better”, also I was always concerned what others thought of me, thus making myself even more nervous the next time I had to speak. In order to allay these fears I found an affirmation that worked for me, it was quite simple, and said “I love and approve of myself, exactly as I am”.

I would repeat this to myself hundreds of times a day, particularly when I was feeling nervous.

When I first started I would even hear myself add on, “except for.....” and I would have to stop myself and say “No, EXACTLY as I am”. Upon repeating this to myself, silently and out loud, I found I had more calmness, greater self acceptance and confidence and a decrease in my fear. The effect was very subtle, yet to me also very noticeable. Whenever I felt uneasy about something I would repeat this affirmation, and it would instantly calm my fears, leaving me feeling more serene.
More than just my fears though, I was teaching a new program to my subconscious mind, one that said I could succeed and was good enough. This new belief led to corresponding behaviour which created the outcome which I wanted  -  acceptance, confidence and serenity in teaching.
This is the first level of how affirmations work, they make your life a self fulfilling prophesy.

In the next chapter I will share with you how to create your very own healing affirmations.

Your affirmation for today:

“I love and approve of myself, exactly as I am”.

No comments:

Post a Comment