Monday, February 21, 2011

Can't breathe!!!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo
today was the day I was going to back up the massive files I had been working until 5am every night on, had to wait as it rendered the computers inoperable for 16 hours, so today it was.
Last night the power flicked on and off for oh you know - a millisecond!!!!!!
All gone, hub dead - nooooooooo
Arrrrggggghhhhhhhh...........................
Everything for the last 3 months I had been rebuilding gone.......................................

Slight chance it's still there but as the hub has been restoring backup since 11pm Saturday night and still going won't know until tomorrow
Feel free to pray for us.

Feeling a little bit ill all over again for the day

Once again, I forget to trust the universe and the divine plan, couldn't sleep all night, kept waking up in a little panicky state. Drats. Even with all I know, why oh why is it so hard to trust the universe sometimes?

LATER TONIGHT - posting at 2.30am!
On the positive, we have decided that's it, not doing this again
Daryll has been researching online storage all night, we figure it will cost around $10 per month to upload around 50 gig and can be accessed from anywhere
For now, he's going to buy an external hard drive which will get carried from the house to the office and plugged in and a new office computer.
However, we HAVE discovered an online site that allows this to happen :penguinCS:
OMG - it is amazing - you get 5 gig for free and simply upload your files to their server, it holds them and can be accessed from any computer anywhere, you can invite whomever you like to log in (& bushfires included - they aren't physically here)
Tonight I am trying to get Daryll to burn some CD's for students to disc but no way of getting the files to him, just uploaded them and he now has them on his computer and is now beginning the burn (took about 2 minutes)
We now have those files on my computer, on line server and his computer. Wow - it seems to have a heap of features and if you need more I think 50 gig is around $10 per month.
Will investigate further, may be helpful is you aren't backing up or don't have a spare drive to so so to.
Ahhhh......... finally I can feel like I can breathe.............
Now I wonder whether all the files are gone or the universe just wanted to wake us up, lets see what pans out.

BTW - sat in the dark in the camper on the drive last night and pretended we were camping - hehe! In no time at all Daryll & I were giggling away at inside jokes like school kids, we had a terrific time and this morning the kids are most jealous.

Affirmation for the above:
All is well in my world, everything the universe sends to me is for a reason, I now grow and embrace change knowing I am always divinely supported.

No comments:

Post a Comment